Report a Claim

Report a Claim

To report a Claim, call your agent
at your county farm bureau insurance office.

  • Have your policy available in order to provide important coverage and identification information.
  • Be prepared to give as much detail as possible about your property damage or loss.

That's all you have to do to initiate your claim service process.
Your agent will begin all of the necessary procedures including the gathering of additional information if required. Please feel free to call your county Farm Bureau Insurance Office with any questions or requests for additional information.

Claim FAQ's:

View All

Can I remove a tree from my damaged structure without prior approval from an agent or claims adjuster?

Yes. Your policy will cover to remove the tree from a damaged covered structure. Your policy will only pay the reasonable cost to remove the tree off the structure and place it onto the ground. Some policies give an aggregate allowance to remove the tree off the insured premises. We do not pay for the removal of a tree that is leaning toward a structure and not touching it.

Can I complete temporary repairs without approval from a claims adjuster?

Yes. Your policy actually requires that you take all necessary steps to protect your property from further damage. You should make sure you get detailed receipts for these temporary repairs and present them to your claims adjuster.

Will I be reimbursed for additional living expenses if my home is unlivable?

Yes, If your dwelling is damaged by a peril covered under your additional living expense coverage. These expenses are limited to those reasonable expenses over and above your normal living expenses, while your home is unlivable and for a reasonable repair time period. Loss of electricity and/ or water does not qualify your home as unlivable. The only exception would be those insured who have a documented medical condition that requires the maintenance of electricity and/or water.

Does my homeowners policy pay for spoiled food as the result of an electrical power interruption?

There may be a limited amount of coverage available under homeowners and farmowners policies for spoiled food as the result of an electrical power interruption. Please contact your agent for the availability of this coverage.

Can I discard my damaged or destroyed personal contents prior to being inspected by a claims adjuster?

No, you should wait until your claims adjuster inspects your damaged or destroyed personal contents before discarding them. You should prepare a detailed inventory of all damaged or destroyed personal property. Your list should be as complete as you can make it and should include: a description of the item (and number, if more than one); date of purchase or approximate age; and estimated replacement cost today. Include as much information as possible.

Should I obtain a repair estimate prior to a claims adjuster inspecting my property?

If you feel it is necessary, secure a detailed estimate for permanent repairs from a reliable contractor and give it to the adjuster when he or she arrives. Minor repair estimates (under $2000.00) should be copied and forwarded to your agent. These minor repair claims may not require an on site inspection by a claims adjuster. The estimate should contain: detailed specifications of the proposed repairs, and detailed repair cost prices and replacement prices. The estimate should also be accompanied with detailed photographs of the damage.

Is there a limit on the amount you will allow on certain repair costs?

Your policy will pay the local market repair cost average to repair damage to your covered property, as a result of a covered loss.